2 Blissful Days in Ella
Explore the best of Ella, the famed tourist destination in Badulla in all its upcountry charm. You will zip line over the lush greenery of Ella and treat yourself to a bird’s eye view of the hilltops and forests. The zip line is about 400 meters long and is also the longest one in Sri Lanka. You will also visit the Nine Arches Bridge, the most sought after attraction in Ella to catch a glimpse of the Badulla bound train passing over the bridge. Some other attractions which you'll be visiting includes the Ella rock and the picturesque Ravana Falls, which is conveniently located along the Ella -Wellawaya Road.
• Discover the amazing sites of Ella Rock, Nine Arch Bridge and Ravana Falls
• Experience rural Sri Lankan village life with a local, knowledgeable guide
• Adventure a 400 meters long zipline
per adult from
What's included :
- 1x Breakfast
- Accommodation included: 1 night
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Private transportation
- Bottled water
- Hotel pick up and drop off
What's excluded :
- Flying Ravana charges
- Personal expenses
- Entry/Admission - Flying Ravana Mega Zipline
Day 1: Colombo/Negombo - Ella
Stop At: Nine Arches Bridge, Ella Sri Lanka
This is perhaps the most iconic structure in Ella and definitely the most instagrammed one! The Nine Arches Bridge, fondly referred to as the Bridge in the Sky, is a viaduct bridge that was constructed in 1921 and is the perfect example of colonial infrastructure in Sri Lanka. It would be a grave disservice to say this bridge is beautiful; the magnificent stone bridge stands tall in between a valley and is flanked by thick jungle on one end and trimmed tea bushes on the other end.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Dhowa Rock Temple, Badulla Road, Badulla 90000 Sri Lanka
Dhowa Rock Temple is one of the few rock temple complexes found in the hill country. It has a rich history which dates back over 2000 years. The temple was originally known as Kumbaltissa Ariyagala Vehara and was named after the chief priest who provided refuge to King Walagamba after fleeing foreign invasion. The walls of the cave are covered with several colourful Jathaka Stories (folk tales depicting the Buddha’s past lives), and the roof of the cave is covered with paintings of lotuses and other various flowers. These paintings are heavily influenced by the Kandyan style and this is because the temple was only completed during the reign of the Kandyan Kingdom.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Ravana Ella Falls, Ella-Wellawaya Road, Ella 90090 Sri Lanka
Ravana Falls is entrenched in myth and folklore, it is believed that the demon King Ravana, from the epic Ramayan, hid Sita in the cave behind the waterfall after he kidnapped her and brought her back to Lanka. Only a 10 minute drive from the Ella main road, Ravana Falls is a great to visit when in Ella. The drive to the waterfall is one of the most spectacular drives in the country since you will be driving on narrow roads with hairpin turns which will make you feel like you’re on a roller coaster!
Duration: 1 hour
No meals included on this day.
Accommodation included: Overnight stay in a 3 star hotel in Ella
Day 2: Ella - Negombo/Colombo
Stop At: Ella Rock, Ella Main Street NECS-Nature Exploration and Conservation Society Sri Lanka, Ella 90090 Sri Lanka
Hiking Ella Rock is definitely for slightly more experienced hikers or at least for the more adventurous as the whole hike takes about four 4 hours. When visiting Sri Lanka, you must watch the sunrise from a mountain top at least once, there is no better place, which doesn’t require you to use too much effort, and that is Ella Rock. On your hike you will walk past tea plantations, railway lines, a small eucalyptus forest till you finally make it to the cleared summit, where you can enjoy the stunning views. From the top, you will get a panoramic view of Ella Gap and Little Adam’s Peak, as well as Ella town.
Duration: 4 hours
Stop At: Flying Ravana Mega Zipline, 98 Adventures (Pvt) Ltd, Little Adams Peak Uva Greenland Estate, Ella - Passara Rd, Ella 90090, Sri Lanka
The Flying Ravana is Sri Lanka’s longest mega zip – line and South Asia’s second longest. Stretching for more than half a kilometer (approximately 550 meters), the zipline slides at 80kmph in between the lush green estates of Ella. Guaranteeing an unsurpassed and unmatched level of adventure, right in the heart of Ella, Flying Ravana paves the way for a zip lining experience like no other. Possessing a team of outdoor adventure specialists from Sri Lanka and Europe who are well versed in the intricacies of zip lining, Flying Ravana is poised to escort you through a series of mesmeric backdrops via South Asia’s longest and fastest zip line system.
Duration: 2 hours
No accommodation included on this day.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from all places and hotels in Negombo and Colombo Airports
- Bandaranayake Intl Airport, Colombo Sri Lanka
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.