1hr ATV Adventure & Rafting Tour from Reykjavik
Experience these two adrenaline-filled activities in one day in only 11-hour total time from Reykjavik.
We will pick you up and drive you to our brand new headquarters with hot coffee available. These headquarters is the most advanced in it's field.
We will begin the day to brief you and teach you on how to operate the ATV and safety. Then we will drive through Icelandic nature and make our ascend to Reykjavik Peak Mountain.
This is a 1-hour ATV adventure through the Icelandic wilderness, experience a amazing view over Reykjavik.
Afterwards we will drop you off on a station where you will be able to buy some light lunch. There you will be picked up by the rafting operator.
Enjoy beautiful landscape from a new angle! Rafting down the Hvítá river.
ATV Group Maximum : 20 Persons
Rafting Group Maximum 1-12 Persons
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Hot coffee at ATV Basecamp
- Hot sauna after the river rafting
What's excluded :
- Swimming clothes
- THIS IS WHAT YOU CAME TO ICELAND FOR – TRUST US!
There are an incredible amount of tours to choose from when you arrive in Iceland, it’s overwhelming – we know! We’ve tried to make this easy on you by creating a tour tailored to the adventurous hoping to make the most of their day! The combination day tour includes adrenaline filled mountain ATV off-roading followed by an epic adventure within the rapids of a canyon river. This tour will have you end the day fully satisfied with how you spent your day!
PART 1 – ATV ACTION – MINUTES FROM YOUR REYKJAVIK HOTEL
We pick you up from your Reykjavik hotel*, and take the short journey to our quad biking base camp. There we’ll make sure you get all the safety and driving instruction you need. No experience necessary – so all are welcome. You’ll begin by feeling the roar of your ATV as you freely explore the otherworldly Icelandic wilderness on a 1 hour ATV adventure from Reykjavik. Throw down the throttle as you pass over rocky lava terrain tracks to the shores of Hafravatn Lake, and accelerate the pace of your heart as you race to the summit of Hafrafell Mountain. At the peak, you’ll take in unforgettable panoramic views of Reykjavík and mythical mountain ranges in the distance before a thrilling descent.
From base camp we head across the countryside and up to the mountains. The ride itself is for buzz, topped only by stunning views across the Reykjavik area.
Tracks are dependent on weather and trail conditions.
PART 2 – ENTER THE CANYON RIVER – RAPIDS AWAIT
Rafting down the Hvítá River is a magnificent way to enjoy the Icelandic nature in a different way. Cruise down the great glacier river running all the way from Langjökull glacier, Iceland’s second biggest glacier, and take in the incomparable surroundings that the roaring river has created over the years, with Brúarhlöð canyon as one of the highlights. The canyon has grand rock formations and portholes and you can see how the water has sculptured the breccia walls. Hvítá river also feeds the grand waterfall, Gullfoss, that is one of the most visited attractions in Iceland. After the raft, you can relax in the sauna at Drumbó, enjoy a grilled lamb meal in our restaurant or a drink at the bar.
This tour is for everyone that enjoys a little adventure in an outstanding landscape.
Extra Rafting Information
Included: River Rafting on Hvítá river, wetsuit, life-vest, helmet and all equipment for rafting. Entry to sauna and shower facilities. Guidance by a certified rafting guide. Food can also be purchased on location.
Clothing: Warm undergarments, preferably fleece or wool. Warm socks and a sweater and a change of clothes. Bathing suit & towel.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick-up from all hotels in Reykjavik City. You will need to send us your accommodation details in Reykjavik City. If your hotel is at a no-pick up zone. You will need to be assigned to a bus stop. You need to be ready at 09:00. The pickup is between 09:00-09:30.
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Extra Rafting Information
- River Rafting on Hvítá river, wetsuit, life-vest, helmet and all equipment for rafting. Entry to sauna and shower facilities. Guidance by a certified rafting guide. Food can also be purchased on location.
- Warm undergarments, preferably fleece or wool. Warm socks and a sweater and a change of clothes. Bathing suit & towel.
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Min age is 11 years of age (passenger on ATV & rafting)
- Most travelers can participate
- A full valid driver’s licence is required to drive the ATV quad bike
- Pricing is based per person 2 people riding on one ATV quad bike
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 48 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- We at Safari are taking the risk and therefore taken measurements to prevent further spread of COVID-19 very serious. The health of our customers and employees is our utmost priority. Therefore, we have adjusted our procedures to meet the requirements given by the Directorate of Health.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.