1.5 Hours Kyoto Insider Sake Experience
Uncover the little-known sake culture of Fushimi, Kyoto on a 90 min sake tasting and food pairing session with an expert. Enjoy the samples of different types of sake as well as leaning details and varieties and personalized attention from your guide on this small-group activity.
This is a fun and educational experience to change your way of enjoying sake.
If you love sake but don't know what to select or want to know more about sake, join us and let's deep dive into the world of sake.
After you experienced this, you will know which type of Sake actually you like, and you will be able to select your favorite Sake from labels or restaurant's menu even if they are all written in Japanese.
per adult from
1 hour 30 minutes
What's included :
- Local English speaking guide
- 7 Sake tasting (They are carefully selected for you to understand all sake categories from sweet to dry, freshly squeezed sake, and cloudy sake.
- Snacks for pairing with sake
- Cheat Sheet & Tasting Note (These will help you to choose your preferred sake in the future even you don't read Japanese!
- Alcoholic Beverages
What's excluded :
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Kyoto Insider Sake Experience, 755 Higashi Otecho, Fushimi-Ku, Kyoto 612-8053 Kyoto Prefecture
・Sake Tasting with an Expert
You’ll get to try flavours of sake you may never have experienced before – as we’ll introduce you to bottles which have never been exported. Your expert guide will explain the differences in taste – dry, fruity, sweet – and how each of these are produced.
You’ll also be served various otsumami – Japanese snacks which traditionally accompany alcohol – so you can see which types of food and flavour best accompany the different sake types.
This is a fun and educational sake tasting in Kyoto. Recommended to join this experience at the beginning of your trip in Japan!
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :Kyoto Insider Sake Experience, 755 Higashiōtechō, Fushimi Ward, Kyoto, 612-8053, Japan
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Recommend to bring a bottle of water
- Legal drinking age in Japan is 20; customers under 20 years of age will only be served non-alcoholic drinks
- Vegetarian option for snacks is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please note the venue for sake tasting session may be changed due to its availabilities.
- Recommended to have your lunch or brunch prior to the tour.
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- Drinking and driving is strictly prohibited by law in Japan. Make sure to come to the tour by public transportation.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Face masks recommended We only accept reservations for half the capacity.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.