12 hours Greek Roman Alexandria day tour from Cairo Giza hotels
Alexandria Over Day from Cairo or giza hotels , 7 or 8 am
the most famous attractions: ,the Bombay's Pillar, Catacomb of Komel-Shokafa & outside visits are Alexandria Library and the fort and Citadel of Qaitbay and mrosy abu el abbas mosque then back to hotel
per adult from
10 to 12 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Bottled water
- Qualified Egyptologist guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Transport by private vehicle
What's excluded :
- entry fees
- Entry/Admission - Catacombs of Kom el Shoqafa
- Entry/Admission - Pompey's Pillar
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Catacombs of Kom el Shoqafa, Kom Al Shokafa, Alexandria 21599 Egypt
Your guide for the day will pick you up and transfer you, cutting across 220 Kilometers of the Western desert from Cairo is the city of Alexandria, the bride of the Mediterranean Sea. The trip takes about 3 hours.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Pompey's Pillar, Al Karah WA at Toubageyah WA Kafr Al Ghates, Alexandria 21599 Egypt
Next is a visit to the Bombay's Pillar which was built in 297 AD for the Roman Emperor Diocletian. The Pillar itself is a 9 meters / 29 feet in circumference and it is said that 22 people could lunch on the capital, or flat top of the Pillar.
The day ends with a visit to the Catacomb of Komel-Shokafa. These tombs were tunneled into the bedrock in the age of the Antonine emperors (2nd century A.D.) for a single wealthy family still practicing the ancient religion. These tombs represent the last existing major construction for the sake of the old Egyptian religion.
Following stop for lunch , you will visit from outside Alexandria Library and the fort and Citadel of Qaitbay, which was built around 1480 by the Mamluk Sultan Qaitbay. It is believed to rest on the site and to be built from the stones of the Pharos lighthouse, one of the seven wonders of the ancient world.
At the ends of the day return to Cairo.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
all Cairo and Giza hotels
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.