12-Day China Silk Road Private Tour from Beijing
Discover the treasures of the Silk Road on this 12-day adventure through China, retracing part of the ancient trade route that linked East and West. An epic journey from bustling Beijing to the colourful frontier town of Kashgar, travel by trains and flights across diverse and beautifully rugged landscapes to see some of the country’s most spectacular relics. From dynastic palaces and Muslim minarets to hidden grottoes and rock-cut Buddhist masterpieces, this is an unforgettable Eastern odyssey.
per adult from
What's included :
- Private tour
- Accommodation as per itinerary (3-star Hotel in the center area of each city)
- Flights, overnight trains and bullet trains as per itinerary
- Meals as per itinerary (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner)
- Each region has a different professional licensed guide
- Transport by private vehicle (5-19 seats private vehicle, depend on the number of group people)
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Day1 Beijing
Arrive at any time. Your guide will pick you up at the airport arrivals (or your own prearranged hotel in Beijing) and then take you to the hotel where you may start your great adventure.
In the morning, go to visit Tian’an men Square and Forbidden City. In the afternoon, visit the imperial park, Summer Palace.
Set out early for the Great Wall at Mutianyu section. Then on our way to the railway station, have a short visit to Beijing Olympic Park. Overnight train: Beijing-Xi’an (deluxe sleeper ticket, approx 12hrs).
Go to visit the biggest museum of China, Shaanxi History Museum. Then visit the Big Wild Goose Pagoda Temple, opt to climb up the pagoda. Afterwards, take an orientation walk of the bustling bazaar, Muslim Quarter.
Go to visit the ancient City Wall, opt to cycle the ancient city walls. Then visit the site of the 8th wonder of the world, Terracotta Warriors.
Take morning flight to Dunhuang. After arriving in and checking into the hotel in Dunhuang, go to visit Echoing-Sand Dune and Crescent Spring, a miracle in the Gobi desert.
In the morning, go to visit the amazing buddhist art, Mogao Grottoes. In the evening, take the private vehicle to the Liuyuan Railway Station. Overnight train: Liuyuan-Turpan (deluxe sleeper ticket, approx 10hrs).
Today we will visit the Jiaohe Ruins, the Karez Well and Turpan Museum.
Day9 Turpan-Heavenly Mountain
In the morning, take the private vehicle to the Heavenly Mountain. Have a nice included meal at a local minority’s home. Our stay in a yurt is one of the highlights of the trip. Facilities are basic but the experience and views are breathtaking.
Day10 Heavenly Mountain-Urumqi
Free time in the morning.Then take the private vehicle to the Urumqi City, visit the biggest bazaar in Xinjiang Provence, Grand Bazaar.
Take the morning flight to Kashgar. Then have a city tour to visit the Old Town, Great Mosque, and Abakh Hoja Tomb.
Your guide and driver will take you to the airport for your departure flight back to Beijing. Then your pleasant trip comes to the end.
Departure Point :Beijing Capital International Airport (PEK) or your hotel in Beijing
Return Detail :Beijing
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Passport name, number, birth date, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.