1/2 day 4x4 tour of Erg Chebbi
Guided tour with native guides of the area. They all know every corner of the desert and will make you live a magical adventure.
per adult from
3 to 6 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Khamlia, Khamlia, Meknes-Tafilalet Region
Khamlia is a small town of just over 400 inhabitants. Located in the southeast of Morocco, at one end of the oval that forms the dunes of the Erg Chebbi, 8 km from Merzouga.
A priori it may seem like another desert town: adobe houses, mosque, Amazigh-speaking people (Berber), but it is far from resembling other towns in the area.
The inhabitants of Khamlia are mostly black people of color.
The soundtrack of Khamlia says good morning to the people one more day in the house of music, where the group "Pigeons du Sable" in addition to working, keeps alive with their voices a culture and history born from the bowels of suffering and humiliation of millions of men and women of black Africa in the era of slavery.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Erg Chebbi, Erg Chebbi, Meknes-Tafilalet Region
Erg Chebbi has a length of 22 km (from north to south) and 5 km wide, and its dunes have a maximum height of 150 m. Located about 40 kilometers southeast of Erfoud, the villages located at the foot of the dunes are Hassi-Labiad and Merzouga that receive most of the tourists who visit the erg.
The dunes of Erg Chebbi reach a height of up to 150 meters in some places and together it extends over an area 50 kilometers from north to south and a maximum of 5 to 10 kilometers from east to west that covers the border with Algeria.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Merzouga, Morocco
Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up customers at camps or hotels where they are staying
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 12 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.