10.Marathon from Athens private tour
Uncover the origins of the first ever Marathon race, stand where the most important battle of ancient history took place, the battle of marathon in 490 BC where10.000 athenians and a 1000 plataeans fought against 100.000 persians ,Imagine marching several thousand miles only to be wiped out 27 miles from the city you came to conquer by an army a fraction of your size.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- -English-speaking driver
- -Air-conditioned van vehicle
- -Private transportation
- Disposable masks and gloves are provided
What's excluded :
- -Entrance fees in the monuments
- -Meals & personal expenses
- -Official guide in the monuments
- Entry/Admission - Marathon Tomb
- Entry/Admission - Archaeological Museum of Marathon
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Marathon Tomb, Marathon 190 07 Greece
Starting from athens we will drive along several small towns until we arrive at marathon Tomb also known as the Tomb of the Athenians and is the final resting place of 192 soldiers who died in the Battle of Marathon, a bloody battle that took place in 490 BC during the first Persian invasion of Greece.Those who fell were cremated and buried in this tomb as a reminder of their sacrifice and bravery.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Archaeological Museum of Marathon, Vranas, Marathon 190 07 Greece
We continue our tour at the archeological museum of Marathon. The museum mainly houses findings originating from the Battle of Marathon and from the egyptian temple built nearby.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Marathon Lake, Marathon Greece
We will visit the marathon Dam at marathon lake , wich is the only marble dam in the world.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Our driver will be waiting for you at the hotel lobby/ apartmentYou may contact us if you need clarification.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Infant seats available
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not wheelchair accessible
- - We can pick you up from any hotel, accommodation, or central point in the city of Athens
- -All our drivers are professional English speaking drivers, have high experience and they have a good knowledge of the sites that you are going to visit. They can provide you general information for each one, but they are not official guides and they cannot escort you inside sites, museums and monuments.
- -If you desire an officialy licensed guide, is upon request
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- If you need a Infant/child Seat plz call us and let us know at least 1 day before the tour
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- There is a limit of passengers per 9seats vehicle of 5 passengers + the driver, Exceeding the passenger limit is exceptionally permitted, provided that only parents with their minor children are in the vehicle. The use of a non-medical protective mask by passengers and the driver is mandatory.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.