1-Day Yangmingshan Hiking Day Tour from Taipei
Come up and feel the fresh mountain air! Take a break from the busy routine and recharge your mind and body. Enjoy a mini outdoor retreat and find your bliss.
Just 7 miles away from downtown Taipei City, Yangmingshan National Park is the 3rd national park in Taiwan that covers a wide area of volcanic geological features, whereas the famous Beitou Hot Spring is nearby.
In this tour, you will hike through the stunning volcanic landscapes, and learn about the fascinating geothermal features of Taipei's Tatun Volcanoes.
per adult from
What's included :
- Round-trip shared transfer between Taipei Main Station and Yangmingshan National Park
- Professional tour guide service
- Liability insurance
What's excluded :
- Hiking or mountain climbing gears
- Porter service
- Drinking water
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Siaoyoukeng Recreation Area, No. 69, Zhuzihu Rd., Beitou Dist., Beitou, Taipei Taiwan
Meet your tour guide and driver at East Exit 2 of Taipei Main Station (main building) in the morning. Then take a 30-40 min ride to the nearest national park in Taiwan.
The tour starts from the most popular spot in this national park – Xiaoyoukeng (literally means "little oil pit"), is a post-volcanic geological landscape area. Here visitors can take a close look at the volcanic fumaroles and feel the breath of a dormant volcano.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Qixing Mountain, Yangjin Highway, Beitou Dist., Beitou, Taipei Taiwan
You will hike along Xiaoyoukeng Hiking Trail to the Main Summit of Qixing Mountain, the top of Taipei (1,120 meters above sea level). As you walk through the long grass, step on the rock path with sulfur crystal, you can still see and smell the steam. The landscape changes as you walk further. When you reach the Main Summit, you will marvel at the fantastic view that opens up before you.
Then we will keep on hiking to the East Summit of Qixing Mountain, which is only 300 meters away. Take a rest and regain your strength while appreciating the beauty of nature.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Menghuan Lake, Yangmingshan National Park, Beitou, Taipei 112 Taiwan
After a short break, you will walk down to Menghuan Lake (literally means "dreamy lake"). It is a nature lake formed as a result of volcanic activity, small yet conserves abundant natural resources.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Yang Ming Shan Qing Tian Gang, No. 246, Ln. 101, Jingshan Rd, Shilin, Taipei Taiwan
Then you will keep on walking to the next stop – Qingtiangang, a lava terrace formed when the lava flowed north after the eruption. The terrace was once a ranch for water buffalos grazing during the period under Japanese rules; even today you can still find those naturally bred water buffaloes there.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Yang Ming Shan Leng Shui Keng, No. 170, Ln. 101, Jingshan Rd, Shilin, Taipei Taiwan
The last stop is Lengshuikeng(literally means “cold water pit”), a barrier lake formed by the volcanic lava flowing down from the mountain. The hot spring water is colder than the other areas’ (around 40 degree Celsius); hence its name was given Lengshuikeng.
The tour ends with return transport to Taipei Main Station in the late afternoon.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Taipei Main Station, 10041, Taiwan, Taipei City, Zhongzheng District, 忠孝西路1段49號
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 35 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Free masks are only available for those guests who do not have their own.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.