1 Day Traditional naming Ceremony and Black history Experience
An opportunity to reconnect and reunite with your culture and roots. You will receive a traditional African Name, which will be given to you according to the day of the week you were born. 'A mans most powerful tool is his name'. A name that represent his identity and beliefs, not any name that was forced on him that has no meaning to his identity and cultural Values. Receive the traditional African name and become a member of an African village and enjoy the village life such as clay pottery making, Kente weaving etc. Enjoy and participate in a traditional cultural performances that will be displayed to welcome you in to the community by the locals.
Explore 3 different regions in just few hours and enjoy the beauty of the countryside
Do all of this with an experienced and expert guide. Travel will be in a spacious air conditioned Vehicle where you know your safety is of the utmost concern at all times. This is an experience not to be missed.
per adult from
7 to 9 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All Fees and Taxes
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- fuel surcharge
- Private tour guide
- Guaranteed flexibility
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Volta Region, Volta Region
8:30 am depart from Accra Hotel/ Residence to the Village in an air conditioned vehicle.
Arrive around 10 am.We will first pay a courtesy call on the Chiefs and traditional leaders of the community where we will be welcomed and given a traditional Africans.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Akosombo, Akosombo, Eastern Region
We'll then drive to the breathtaking Lake Volta and enjoy a fantastic lunch at the Afrikiko restaurant. Relax and enjoy some time by the waterside. Lake Volta is the largest man made lakes in Africa and second largest in the world.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Odumase Krobo, Odumase Krobo, Eastern Region
Around 2:30 pm we will depart for Cedi glass bead making centre where various glass bottles are recycled in to traditional beads. Lean about the homeland of the indigenous Krobo people and kind and types of beads that the kings and queen mothers wear for which occasions and functions.
Duration: 1 hour
Pass By: Shai Hills Resource Reserve, Akosombo-Tema Rd Ghana
Shai hills is the closest National game park reserve in Accra where we may see some baboons as we drive along.We can stop by for some photo taking opportunity and continue our trip back to Accra
Departure Point :Osu, Accra, Ghana
Traveler pickup is offered
Hotels,Residence or Any preferred location by our guest
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- We ensure that all the Covid 19 safety protocols are practiced at all time to keep both our guest and staff safe
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.