1 Day Tour to Materuni Waterfalls and Coffee Tour
Waterfalls (quite cold!)
Materuni is place inside a village called Uru located in Kilimanjaro, the 50 meter Materuni waterfall is one of the hidden treasures of Kilimanjaro region and offers you the opportunity to hike through coffee farms and enjoy spectacular views. Enjoy a delicious picnic lunch at the base of the Materuni waterfall and swim in the pool of the waterfalls.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Visit the waterfalls and enjoy swimming
- Cultural Village entry fees
- Tour Guide Charges
- Lunch and drinking water
- Pick-Up and Drop-Off from your Hotel
- Entry/Admission - Materuni Waterfalls
What's excluded :
- Travel Insurance
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Materuni Waterfalls, Kisambi Juu Materuni, Moshi Tanzania
You will have two options for transport between Moshi town and the village
For those who really wish to have the ‘real’ experience you can hop on a dala dala (the local minibuses. If you’d prefer to travel more quickly and comfortably you can choose to take a private car. Once you reach the village you will start your coffee tour at a traditional Chaggah ‘shamba’ .
Here your guide will explain all aspects of the Chaggah homestead including the other crops that they grow aside from coffee.
You will get to see how the coffee is produced- from picking the bean to roasting and then drinking a delicious cup yourself.
Following your coffee tour you will then take a short hike (make sure to wear some sport or Mountain boot ,shoes as it can be muddy up there), passing through local villages to reach the waterfalls.
You will either have a picnic lunch box or arrive to a full spread of freshly cooked lunch-prepared to the one of the local family, Following lunch you will have the opportunity to take a dip in the refreshing(quite cold!) pools beneath the waterfalls.
Duration: 10 hours
Departure Point :Moshi Urban, Tanzania
Traveler pickup is offeredAirports
- Kilimanjaro Airport, Kilimanjaro National Park Tanzania
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.