1-Day Tour of Catherine Palace and City Tour with 2 Must-Visit Sights
You will be provided an access to world-famous art collections, royal palaces, eye-dazzling cathedrals and experience first-hand local everyday life. During this private tour you will discover some of the city’s architectural gems - Church on the Spilled Blood & St Isaac Cathedral. Drive to Tsarskoye Selo (Pushkin) and explore the Catherine Palace with fabulous Amber Room, a magnificent example of rococo architecture, and the beautifully manicured palace gardens.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional & licensed private guide
- Comfortable private car rent for 4 hours
- Service of a professional driver
- Hotel pick-up & drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Church of the Savior on Spilled Blood
- Entry/Admission - The State Museum St. Isaac’s Cathedral
- Entry/Admission - Catherine Palace and Park
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Church of the Savior on Spilled Blood, Griboyedova Kanala Emb., 2B/A, St. Petersburg 191186 Russia
The tour starts off with a meet and greet with your guide in your hotel lobby. The route will be customized depending on your hotel location. A private guide will accompany you throughout the duration of the tour. Walk from your hotel to the first point of interest. At the Church of Our Saviour on Spilled Blood, the gem of St. Petersburg, admire the colorful decor and towering onion domes. Inside, too, you’ll find an ornate sanctuary adorned with richly hued mosaics. Belying its cheery facade, this magnificent church was built on the site where Tsar Alexander II was assassinated.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: The State Museum St. Isaac’s Cathedral, St Isaac_s Square, 4 Nevskiy Prospekt metro station, St. Petersburg 190000 Russia
The tour continues with your guide escorting you to the next sight on foot. Visit St. Isaac’s Cathedral. Named for the patron saint of Peter the Great; its soaring gold dome tops the fourth largest cathedral in the world. You’ll have time for photos at St. Isaac’s Square. The cathedral's central gold dome is one of the largest in the world, and covered with 220 pounds of gold. It was commissioned by Alexander I in 1818 and took more than three decades to complete.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Catherine Palace and Park, Sadovaya St., 7 Tsarskoye Selo, Pushkin, St. Petersburg 196601 Russia
After a short lunch break you jump in a private car and drive to the town of Tsarskoye Selo, or “Tsar’s Village,” home of the Palace. Upon arrival, follow the Great Staircase to the lush staterooms on the first floor, where the interior’s baroque and neoclassical brilliance shine. Admire the opulence of the Great Hall, lined with mirrors, gilded carvings and 12 glittering chandeliers. Pause to take in the Amber Room, once described as the “Eighth Wonder of the World” for the shining amber panels lining its walls. Later, there will be time to stroll the gardens, totaling 1,400 acres of manicured grounds with a tranquil lake at its center. As you explore, you’ll see the impressive Hermitage Pavilion, which provided a private place for royalty to dine with guests and visiting diplomats. You will be taken back to your hotel.
Duration: 1 hour 40 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Guests may be picked up from APARTMENT/RAILWAY STATION/AIRPORT/ANY HOTEL located in the city center or 5km/miles away from it. Guide will be waiting in your hotel lobby or near the building where your apartments is located. Guide will be holding a sign with your last name written on it.Airports
- Pulkovo Airport, St. Petersburg Russia
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 9 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a sample itinerary. The order of museum visits may change depending on availability of entrance tickets, museum's days-off, traffic situation in the city. Catherine Palace also reserve the right to shift an entrance time on a very short notice. Supplier will rearrange the itinerary accordingly so that all venues can be visited.
- Although tickets are pre-booked with skip-the-line entrance there may still be a slight delay (10-15 minutes) in entering the museums during busy periods (May-August). It is possible that there will be a line of people entering the museums at the same time.
- First part of the tour (about 3 hours) is walking only (no car), meaning that it will be necessary to walk and stand all the time during this tour. Stops for seating are planned.
- Another part of the tour (going to Catherine Palace) includes a private car with a driver.
- Only 20-30 minutes short lunch break is possible during this tour. Lunch time can't be longer than 20-30 minutes.
- All travel agencies use the same type of special pre- purchased skip-the-line tickets (vouchers) which allow don't waste time on buying entrance tickets directly on-site. Many museums have special arrangements (VIP entrance) truly without any lines through a special entrance but the price for such service is higher. Please request VIP entrance if entrance without any lines is very important to you.
- This tour is not recommended for wheelchair passengers, and if a person with a wheelchair decides to participate he/she must have a personal helper to assist.
- If you want to take this tour at your preferable time, please leave a note upon making booking
- This tour can't be organized for cruise ship passengers
- The exact entrance times can vary. Pre-booked time periods to enter the museums are assigned only by the management of the museums and is a subject to changes.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.