1-Day Tour from Nagano: Matsumoto Castle & Kamikochi Alpine Valley
Situated between the popular destinations of Kyoto and Tokyo, the mountains of Nagano and surrounding regions are the literal heart of Japan and a road less traveled by many international visitors. This tour combines visits to Matsumoto and its famous castle – one of the few remaining castles in Japan – before heading high into the grandeur of the Northern Alps and to the alpine oasis of Kamikochi. All led by an English-speaking guide, this tour captures the essence of Central Japan by combining two of its most iconic destinations.
per adult from
What's included :
- English-speaking guide
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Entry ticket for Matsumoto Castle
- Entry/Admission - Matsumoto Castle
What's excluded :
- Other food, snacks & drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Matsumoto Castle, 4-1 Marunouchi, Matsumoto 390-0873 Nagano Prefecture
More than 400 years old and a registered National Treasure, Matsumoto Castle is one of Nagano’s most impressive cultural sites, known for its structural beauty set against a splendid mountain backdrop. You will be guided into the castle grounds as your guide reveals the history and features which make it so lauded, before giving you time to explore for yourself (including ascending all the way to the top of its six storeys, should you choose to!).
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Kamikochi, Kamikochi, Matsumoto, Nagano Prefecture, Koshinetsu, Chubu
Situated 1500 meters above sea level deep within the Chubu Sangaku National Park, Kamikochi is famous for its pristine natural state, beautiful rivers and ponds, lush forests, and dramatic mountain peaks rising to over 3000 meters. Your guide will lead you along a gentle walking trail starting at Taisho Pond and following the stunningly azure Azusa River, through mixed forest and onto to the parks famous Kappabashi (Kappa Bridge). Set against the majestic backdrop of Mount Hodataka, Kamikochi never fails to thrill guests and is often listed as one of Japan’s best experiences.
Duration: 3 hours 30 minutes
Departure Point :Nagano Station, Japan, 〒380-0921 長野県長野市大字栗田５９
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Any vehicles operated by Snow Monkey Resorts, will include a plastic partition in the vehicle that will totally separate the driver from the passengers. The driver will also wear a mask and gloves.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.