1 Day Stone Forest & Jiuxiang Cave Tour
One fear of many travelers in China is unmistakably crowds. And yes, also the Stone Forest at first sight might be suffering from commercialized tourism, but don’t let this hold you back from visiting. Both the Stone Forest and Jiuxiang caves are big areas and our tour guides know the right places to avoid the masses. Whether you want to find the best spots to shoot great pictures or have a peaceful stroll without being disturbed, you’d be surprised what Yunnan has to offer! With our guides you also never need to wait in line to buy tickets so you can make the best of your time.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private transportation with skilled driver and licenced air-conditioned vehicle
- English / Chinese-speaking tour guide service
- 2 bottles of local drinking water per person
- Chinese lunch including one soft drink per person
- 24/7 English-speaking customer services
- Supplements for meals and accommodation for driver
- Government taxes
- Entry/Admission - Stone Forest
- Entry/Admission - Jiuxiang Scenic Region
What's excluded :
- Tips for driver and guide (highly appreciated)
- Personal Travel Insurance
- Flight tickets
- Chinese visa fee (China requires visa for most travelers)
- Personal expenses
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Stone Forest, Shilin County 652200 China
About 1.5 hours from Kunming lies one of Yunnan greatest wonders, the Stone Forest. Wander through a labyrinth with ancient stone trees looking down on you or see the forest of limestone pinnacles from above. This area used to be an ocean about 270 million years ago until the earth’s crust rose and the limestone pierced through. Weather and time have sculpted a unique 350 km2 karst maze unlike anywhere in the world. Every rock formation you pass has its own touching story or thrilling legend, passed on by the natives who have lived in this area for ages. The natives belong to the Sani minority, a branch of the Yi ethnic minority, and you can find them still meandering the area, jamming and singing folk songs as they create their traditional embroidery.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Jiuxiang Scenic Region, Jiuxiang Country, Yiliang (Zhaotong) County 652114 China
Not far from the Stone Forest we will descend down under the ground into the Jiuxiang Caves, a fairyland hidden within the largest cave group system in China with winding rivers, steep gorges, surging waterfalls, lush forests and natural stone ridges. Take a floating boat ride on the river through narrow green canyons and see the entrance of the hundreds of karst caves concealed by the forests from above as you fly over it in the cable car. Jiuxiang is not just a cave, it is a hidden magical world.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We will pick you up from your hotel within the second ring road of Kunming. Your tour guide will hold a flag printed “Wonders Of Yunnan”. Tour ends at the visitors’ hotel.
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- IMPORTANT NOTE: to register your tour legally with the local authorities, we need your passport information as mentioned below. We will contact you by message via TripAdvisor. Until we received your reply with your passport information, we will NOT start arranging your tour. We are not responsible if we cannot arrange a tour guide, private transportation or hotel due to the customer’s own late reply or lack thereof (for example during national holidays or high season). Thank you for your understanding.
- At time of booking full name as mentioned in passport, passport number, birthday, expiry date, gender and country are required for all participants.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A maximum of 8 people per booking
- The daily working time for driver and tour guide during this tour is maximum 10 hours per day. Overtime working hours will be charged extra.
- Tipping drivers and tour guides is custom in China. We recommend giving 2 – 3 USD per person per day to the driver and 4 – 5 USD per person per day to your tour guide.
- Please only bring one small and handy day pack / hand luggage per person. Larger suitcases or backpacks cannot be taken on this day trip.
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.