1 day Source of the Nile Photographic/General Tour
The one day Jinja tour will take you to some of the attractions in and around Jinja with the first stop being Mabira Forest. This is the most significant forest reserve closest to the city centre, and it boasts of a 315 bird record with 74 of the 144 species of Guinea-Congo Forests biome that occurs in Uganda.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Entry/Admission - Griffin Falls
- Entry/Admission - Source of the Nile - Speke Monument
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Griffin Falls, Mabira Forest Reserve, Jinja Uganda
After a morning breakfast at your hotel, lodge or place of residence, our driver guide will pick you and brief you about the day activities. Start off the morning drive on the Kampala Jinja highway to our first stop which is Griffin falls camp in Mabira forest about 44km from Kampala city. Mabira Forest is Uganda’s only urban jungle. The forest is located between two major urban centres, on the main Kampala-Jinja highway about 54 km, an hour’s drive from Kampala and 20 km from Jinja.
The forest is home to 312 tree and 218 butterfly species. On reaching the zip lining site at Griffin Falls, you will be briefed and dressed in the zip-lining gear. thereafter, you will take a 30 minutes’ walk through the breathtaking forest to the sky ways zip-lining platform. The network of five zip-lines sends you between the tallest trees in the forest as you enjoy the forest canopy.
After the activity continue to Rain Forest Lodge for lunch after which you drive to Jinja.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Source of the Nile - Speke Monument, Bukaya Njeru, Jinja 7675 Uganda
The source of the Nile in Jinja is a point where the River Nile flows out of Lake Victoria to start its 6650km three months long journey to Mediterranean Sea. By visiting the source of the Nile, you would have seen the source of the longest river on planet earth and also the largest flesh water lake in Africa - Victoria. The cruise will give you the view of the sun as it's rays are reflected on water.
Duration: 5 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick you from the airport or from your hotel Airports
- Entebbe Airport, Entebbe Uganda
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.