1-Day Private Tour of Kunming Highlights including Dian Lake
Discover Yunnan's rich mix of Chinese minorities and visit scenic Dian Lake on this 8-hour private tour of Kunming. You'll scale Dragon Gate in the Western Hills for stunning views across the city, explore the Yunnan Nationalities Village and stroll along Dian Lake Dam. Tour includes entrance fees and lunch,private vehicle and guide service.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Bottled water
- Professional guide
- Transport by private vehicle
What's excluded :
- Your private guide will collect you from your Kunming hotel at 9am for the hour-or-so drive out to the Western Hills on the opposite side of Dian Lake.
First, you'll visit Dragon Gate, an impressive array of Taoist temples, grottoes, and sculptures hacked from the rock by hand during the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries. Enjoy spectacular views of Dian Lake and Kunming city as your guide explains the story of this remarkable spot.
From here, it's about half an hour's drive back to the other side of the lake where you'll visit the Yunnan Nationalities Village Park. Here actors and dancers represent 26 of the Chinese minority groups who live in Yunnan province, each in a typical village, with other attractions too. Please let your guide know when you are ready for your included lunch.
You'll enjoy a short stroll along the Dian Lake Dam before heading back to your Kunming hotel: you should arrive around 5pm.
Departure Point :Your hotel in downtown Kunming
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants (for getting your Travel Insurance in advance)
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.