1 Day Private Tour Corinth, Cave of Lakes at Kalavrita & Journey by Cog Railway
If you are looking for an alternative private tour from Athens and wish to enjoy the breathtaking, wild environment, this tour we have created is definitely suitable for you! Visit the Cave of Lakes at Kalavrita, a rare creation of Nature, consisted of 13 in total lakes, rich in density and variety of shapes, colors and figures. Visit the Monastery of Mega Spilaio, a multistory complex Monastery or the Ancient Corinth, one of Saint Paul’s beloved cities & enjoy the journey with the Cog Railway that has been mentioned as the most beautiful train trip in Balkans!
Apostle Paul's Bema
Canal of Corinth
Cog Railway (odontotos)
Cave of Lakes
Village of kalavrita
Mega Spilaio (optional)
Alternative Route** You can visit (optional) The Mega Spilaio & the Museum of the Monastery and the Monastery Library which houses 3.000 books instead of Ancient Corinth!
per adult from
9 to 11 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private Transportation with English Speaking driver
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Pick up & drop off from your hotel
- Bottled water
- Licnesed tour guide in Corinth according to your selection
- Tour Leader at the Cave of Lakes
What's excluded :
- Meals and personal expences
- Tickets for the Cog Railway (10 euro / person)
- Entrance fees in Corinth
- Entry/Admission - Ancient Corinth (Archaia Korinthos)
- Entry/Admission - Kastria Cave of the Lakes
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Corinth Canal, Isthmia, Corinth 201 00 Greece
Our driver will pick you up from your hotel at 08.00 and driving along the mainland coast to Peloponnese, we will have our first stop, 1 hour later, at the Canal of Corinth (6 km length and 80m height).
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Ancient Corinth (Archaia Korinthos), Ancient Korinthos village, Corinth Greece
We continue to reach at Ancient Corinth, which was one of Saint Paul's beloved cities. We will have the chance to visit the Ancient Market and the Bema of Apostle Paul. We will walk at the same paths that Apostle of Nations walked and preached hundreds of years earlier.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Diakofto, Diakofto, Achaea Region, West Greece
Our next stop is at "Diakofto", from where you will take the Cog Railway (Odontotos) that links Kalavrita with Diakopto, through Vouraikos Canyon. It is one of the most beautiful natural sights and one of the most spectacular railway rides in Greece. It has been mentioned as the most beautiful train trip in Balkans! The little train travels through streams climbing the fantastic narrow gorge, up into the mountains, through tunnels, over waterfalls, along cliffs and through forests of pine and oleander. When the incline gets really steep it switches from regular track to a cog system. The journey ends at the town of Kalavryta.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Kastria Cave of the Lakes, Kastria Greece
Our driver will meet you there to continue the tour at the mysterious, magnificent and unique "Cave of the Lakes", a rare creation of Nature. Small and large lakes, 13 in total, with different colors each one, depending on the oxides contained in the rocks. You will see the wonderful «hanging bridge», the «waterfalls» «falling» and you will have the feeling of being on a floating corridor. Also you will admire strange stalactite formations. In winter when the snow melts, the cave is transformed into a subterranean river with natural waterfalls. The cave's explored length is 1,980 meters. The developed part of the cave is currently 500 meters long. You will start to explore the cave through an artificial tunnel that leads you directly to the second floor, whose sight is truly awe-inspiring. The passage of the lakes is made by elevated artificial bridges. We will have a stop for lunch at the picturesque village of Kalavrita.
Duration: 2 minutes
Stop At: Athens, Athens, Attica
In the afternoon we will return back to your hotel
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We will pick you from your accommodation in Athens or Piraeus port.Ports
- Piraeus port, Pireas 185 38, Greece
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Upon your booking, please let us know the hotel (or cruise ship) in Athens in order to arrange the pick up
- Most travelers can participate
- Post Covid 19 Policy on our vehicles Sedan: Maximum of 2 passengers in a sedan car and 4 passengers in a Minivan to secure social distance between tourists. For families with children, no limitations apply. All our tours will be Private tours to secure maximum hygiene. Vehicles will be sanitiazed before every pick-up. Hand sanitizing done before departure and after every major stop during the day. Tourists should wear facemasks. Fresh trash bag will be in every vehicle and waste will be destroyed at the end of every tour.
- Free of charge / complimentary face masks and hand sanitizers
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.