1-Day Private Beijing City Tour: Forbidden City, Temple of Heaven, Summer Palace
Gain insight into imperial China on a private full-day tour of several UNESCO World Heritage Sites in Beijing. Start with a look at the monuments of Tiananmen Square, then tour the immense Forbidden City complex with your knowledgeable guide. After lunch, enjoy the tranquility of the Temple of Heaven, then head to the Summer Palace to walk around magnificent gardens decorated with pavilions and a lake. Travel in comfort with your guide in your own private vehicle, with hotel pickup and drop-off included.
· Private full-day tour of Beijing
· Visit the UNESCO World Heritage-listed Forbidden City, Temple of Heaven and Summer Palace
· Explore the vast Forbidden City complex accompanied by an informative guide
· Admire the Temple of Heaven’s decor and watch locals enjoying the park outside
· Take in the beautiful pavilions, marble boat and gardens at the Summer Palace
per adult from
8 to 9 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Pick up and drop off to anywhere within the 4th ring road of Beijing
- Private English-speaking guide
- Air conditioned car with chauffeur
- Complimentary bottled water with unlimited supplies
- Umbrellas are provided for free use
- Entry/Admission - Forbidden City-The Palace Museum
- Entry/Admission - Temple of Heaven
- Entry/Admission - Summer Palace (Yiheyuan)
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Tiananmen Square (Tiananmen Guangchang), West Changan Street, Dongcheng District, Beijing 100006 China
In the morning, your private guide will pick you up at your hotel lobby, and then a comfortable and capacious chauffeur-driven car will transfer you to Tiananmen Square. Follow your guide to take a morning walk around this city square, and you can shoot distant view photos of the brilliant landmark buildings such as the Monument to the People's Heroes, the Great Hall of the People and the Memorial Hall of Chairman Mao.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Forbidden City-The Palace Museum, No.4 Jingshanqian Street, Dongcheng District, Beijing 100009 China
Walk through the Gate of Heavenly Peace with the great Chairman Mao's portrait on it; you come to this morning's highlight - the 600-year-old Forbidden City - the largest and the most intact imperial palace complex of the Ming and Qing Courts (1368 - 1911 AD).
The majestic Forbidden City has 9,999 rooms! Which are the most essential and interesting parts? The veteran itinerary designer carefully selects the top 10 palaces for you, including major ones on the traditional central axis, and some special chambers on the east and west wings.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Temple of Heaven, Tiantan Road, Dongcheng District, Beijing 100050 China
Continue to the Temple of Heaven, where the emperors worshiped the God of Heaven for good harvest in ancient times. Now it turns out to be a big park where you can see local people doing exercise and more recreational activities.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Summer Palace (Yiheyuan), No.19 Xinjian Gongmen Road, Haidian District, Beijing 100080 China
An about 30-minute drive will take you to the Summer Palace, which is reputed as the museum of ancient royal gardens. Your expert guide will show you around. Centered upon Wanshou Mountain and Kunming Lake, the Summer Palace boasts a perfect combination of natural landscape and royal garden. It is a fantastic resort for travelers to admire the peaceful landscapes and magnificent architectures.
After that, you will be escorted back to your hotel.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :1: Novotel Beijing Xin Qiao, 1 Chong Wen Men Xi Da Jie, Dongcheng Qu, Beijing Shi, China, 100005
2: Prime Hotel Beijing, 2 Wang Fu Jing Da Jie, Wang Fu Jing, Dongcheng Qu, Beijing Shi, China
3: Sunworld Dynasty Hotel, 50 Wang Fu Jing Da Jie, Wang Fu Jing, Dongcheng Qu, Beijing Shi, China, 100006
Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up from anywhere within the 4th ring road of Beijing
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Hotel pickup and drop-off services are available within the 4th Ring Road of Beijing City. An additional transfer fee will be incurred if your hotel is outside the above mentioned area.
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes.
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.