1 day Ngorongoro Mountain Bike Safari
WHAT EXPERIENCE AWAIT US WITH SAFARI BIKE AFRICA?
Exciting bike route through Ngorongoro Lengai UNESCO Global Geopark that crosses Maasai bomas near Irkeepus, where we will have the opportunity to meet the most famous tribe in Africa, and spectacular landscapes of Ngorongoro Highlands. Wonderful and different landscapes that go from the open savannah of Embulbul Plane to the lush jungle of the Empakai Crater. On route along Fosbrooke road we will have fabulous views of the Maasai sacred mountain, Oldoinyo Lengai, the only one active volcano in Tanzania.
OUR BH BIKES
Since the beginning back in 1909, BH BIKES have worked to innovate, plan design and manufacture lightweight, agile and reliable bicycles. BH is known as one of world most prestigious bicycle makers which has become one of the most established and successful in the world of cycling.
per adult from
3 to 5 hours
What's included :
- Escorted by NCAA Ranger.
- Carbon mountain bike & helmet.
- Safari Bike Africa expert guide.
- Maasai experience. Visit to Maasai Boma.
- Cycling Fee.
- Flying Doctor evacuation insurance.
- 500ml water bottle
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Ngorongoro Crater
What's excluded :
- Transfers to the starting point in Nainokanoka Special Campsite.
- Transfers from the Short Route final point in Alai Lilai Maasai Boma /Transfers from the final point in Empakai Special Campsite.
- Personal itemss like drinks and snacks.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Safari Bike Africa, Serengeti Road 49, Arusha Tanzania
Stop At: Ngorongoro Crater, Ngorongoro Conservation Area Tanzania
WHAT EXPERIENCE AWAIT US WITH SAFARI BIKE AFRICA? Exciting bike route through Ngorongoro Lengai UNESCO Global Geopark that crosses Maasai bomas near Irkeepus, where we will have the opportunity to meet the most famous tribe in Africa, and spectacular landscapes of Ngorongoro Highlands. Wonderful and different landscapes that go from the open savannah of Embulbul Plane to the lush jungle of the Empakai Crater. On route along Fosbrooke road we will have fabulous views of the Maasai sacred mountain, Oldoinyo Lengai, the only one active volcano in Tanzania. OUR BH BIKES Since the beginning back in 1909, BH BIKES have worked to innovate, plan design and manufacture lightweight, agile and reliable bicycles. BH is known as one of world most prestigious bicycle makers which has become one of the most established and successful in the world of cycling.
LONG BIKE ROUTE TO EMPAKAI THE WILDEST BIKE TRAILAll bike safaris begin at the offices of Safari Bike Africa, NCAA bicycle safaris official operator, Ngorongoro Conservation Area Authority, from Nainokanoka Special Campsite. In addition to scheduled departures, it is possible to reserve different schedules for special groups on request.HIGHLIGHTS LONG ROUTE TO EMPAKAI CRATEREmpakai CraterEmpakaai Crater, 31,5 km from our start point in Nainokanoka, is considered the most beautiful crater in Tanzania. The view from the crater rim, where our long cycling safari finish, is an amazing unforgettable experience.The bike path crosses a leafy tropical forest where the sounds of the jungle will invade us.Embulbul DepressionIt is a great plain in the foothills of the third highest mountain in Tanzania. Lolmalasin mountain. The views offer an inspiring landscape, a challenge for adventurous cyclists.Maasai ExperienceAbout 200 years ago, the Masai came to Ngorongoro and since then maintain their traditional way of life that allows them to live in harmony with wildlife and the environment.Please be sensitive to the fact that it is considered rude to take photographs of people along the roadside without consent.Oldoinyo LengaiIn route we will have stunning views of the sacred mountain in the Maasai culture. A volcano of epic dimensions and a sublime beauty.
Duration: 6 hours
Departure Point :Nainokanoka, Ngorongoro Conservation Area
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- ACTIVITY LEVEL
- Biking or cycling is a new tourism product in the NCA where physical fitness of an individual cyclist is challenged through rough terrain, high altitude, cold weather, wet or dusty road conditions while enjoying the beautiful scenery, wildlife and people. Biking is an ecologically friendly activities and it can contribute significantly to NCAA’s revenue.
- For "Long Route" riders must be fit to fully enjoy this adventure. The trails normaly are not technical. The technical ability required is
- rated as ‘intermediate level.
- If conditions permit and the guide decides, visitors will have the opportunity to extend the bike route back to the starting point, Special Camp Nainokanoka.
- SAFETY, SECURITY AND HEALTH
- CONSIDERATIONS ISSUES
- All participants must strictly follow the guide and the ranger, since mountain biking is a dangerous sport with risks and dangers.
- The guide prior to departure for expected mountain biking experience as safety procedures, and during the activity will conduct briefing.
- Cyclists are not allowed to smoke while cycling.
- Visitors shall use recommended mountain biking gears (boots, trouser, shirt and helmet/hat, etc.) Helmet is a mandatory.
- The clients will ride the bikes in single file always behind the Ranger. Under no circumstances overtake the Ranger. One guide will be in front with the ranger and other guide will be at the end of the group.
- Cyclists must ride in silence.
- Distance from the wild animals shall be at least 50m away.
- Cyclist is required to ride with reasonable speed not exceeding 25kph to avoid accidents.
- Visitors must
- MOUNTAIN BIKE GUIDES
- Safari Bike Africa will provide local Maasai guides that know the area and where the route goes.
- They have great wildlife knowledge, also, they have been trained in previous bike safaris with our management team in order to solve any problem that might come across.
- TOURISM WITH SOCIAL COMMITMENT
- Safari Bike Africa does not consider any kind of tourism which doesn't have a positive impact on local economic development. In addition to the respect for the environment, we also support causes for the protection of the most vulnerable population. It is a fundamental pillar of our activity.
- This is the reason for our alliance and financial support to the NGO Moyoni (www.moyoni.org), established in Arusha, Tanzania.
- The Ngorongoro highlands, at 2000 m are cooler. It is recommended to wear appropriate clothes for this kind of weather. Both early in the morning and when the sun goes down temperatures are low between 10 and 15 degrees Celsius, so you need to wear a sports sweatshirt.
- DURATION OF THE ACTIVITY AND MAXIMUM
- NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS
- 1. Time of mountain biking shall be between 07:00 hours and 17:00 hours
- 2. Duration of activity shall be a maximum of 3 hours (short route) and more than 3 hours (long route)
- 3. Minimum group size shall be 2 riders and maximum is 8 riders accompanied by two guides.
- 4. Minimum age allowed in the activities shall be 14 years.
- Tips for your Safari Bike Africa and Ranger NCA guide are not included in the price of the trip. We recommend giving a tip of $ 5 or 10,000 TZS per participant. This tip will be divided equally between the guide and the ranger.
- Please tip based on your attention, service.
- HOW TO GET THERE
- The road from Arusha to Ngorongoro main entrance, Loduare entrance gate, is 155 km long and takes about two and a half hours.
- From Loduare gate to Nainokanoka Special Camp (start point of all mountain bike routes) you will take the road to Lemala Ranger
- Post, near Sopa Lodge, then continue towards Irkeepus towards the Fosbrooke until you reach Nainokanoka, a town next to Olmoti Crater.
- MEETING TIME IN NAINOKANOKA SPECIAL CAMP
- Your Safari Bike Africa guide will meet you at Nainokanoka Special Camp 30 minutes before the previously booked time for the activity.
- After a briefing and test the bikes and the helmet the participants will be ready to start the cycling safari.
- SAFARI GAME DRIVE EXTENSIONS
- We are a safari tour operator with over 10 years of experience in game drive safaris in East Africa. In addition to being specialized in bicycle safaris we are also experienced professionals in trekking and expeditions from high mountain to Kilimanjaro.
- One day trip:
- o Ngorongoro Crater game drive.
- o Olmoti Crater hiking.
- o Empakai Crater hiking.
- o Manyara game drive.
- o Tarangire game drive
- Two days trip:
- o Serengeti game drive.
- o Oldoinyo Lengai trekking
- VEHICLE FLEET
- Modern mountain bike from BH BIKES.
- We have safari modified, 6 and 8 seats, 4WD Toyota Land Cruisers.
- 4WD DAF Leyland truck, with all-wheel drive. The truck is modified to enjoy the best views with open windows. The seats have been replaced by more comfortable chairs that allow our travelers to relax.
- ECO WILDNESS CAMP
- Friendly camps with the environment in premium locations with a great deal of wildlife.
- We have our own camps in Ngorongoro and Serengeti. Exclusive private camps without any other visitor may disturb your privacy.
- WHY SAFARI BIKE AFRICA?
- We are pioneers in cycling safaris. Our experience and hard work have made us able to offer unusual routes. We offer the best game
- drive safari in Tanzania with activities on bike, in places that were not accessible in this kind of transport -until today-, such as the Ngorongoro Conservation Area (UNESCO World Heritage)
- We want you to have constant contact and as close as possible to the environment. This is why we use the bike, enjoying our passion.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.