1 day Mtskheta Tour
Explore the ancient places and discover the hidden truth of our ancestors. The trip will take you 4000 B.C. to the cave-town Uplistsikhe. If you want to become a part of Georgian culture, visit historical Christian churches "Svetitskhoveli" and "Jvari", taste famous Georgian wine and enjoy Georgian cuisine, this is a tour for you!!!
per adult from
10 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- All Fees and Taxes
- Private transportation
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Chateau Mukhran Wine tour tickets without wine degustation ≈ (5USD). With wine degustation ≈(15USD)
09:00 Pick up from the Rustaveli Metro station
11:00 Arrive to Uplistsikhe (literally “Lord’s Fortress“) is an abandoned rock-hewn town The place was founded in the late Bronze Age, around 1000 BC, and continued to be inhabited until 13th century AD
13:30-15:00 lunch in a Georgian traditional restaurant
15:20 Jvari monastery Translated as “The Monastery of the Cross”. Jvari is a 6th Century Monastery that is, coincidentally, in the shape of a cross. It is located on a mountaintop with a great view of the meeting between the Mtkvari and Aragvi rivers as well as the entire city of Mtkskheta.
16:20 Svetitskhoveli Cathedral- Arguably the most well-known cathedral of Georgia. The original church was built in 4th century A.D. during the reign of Mirian III of Kartli (Iberia).
18:20 Chateau Mukhrani Wine Tour- tour of the Georgian royal family estate, built in the 19th century by the heir of the royal family, Ivane Mukhranbatoni. The chateau is filled with unique wine cellars, and surrounded by breathtaking gardens. You can discover much here about Georgian wine-making and the history of the royal family.
19:30 Drop off, meeting place
• Uplistsiche Cave Town, Kvakhvreli 15 km Eastwards to Town Gori, Gori 1423 Georgia
• Jvari Church, Mtskheta Georgia
• Svetitskhoveli Cathedral, Arsukidze, Mtskheta 3300 Georgia
• Chateau Mukhrani, Tsereteli akakis gamz. 116, Mukhrani 3309 Georgia
Departure Point :Rustaveli M/S, Kostava Str., T'bilisi, Georgia
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 18 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.