1 Day Mabamba swamp bird watching trip
Mabamba Bay is a wetland on the edge of Lake Victoria, northwest of the Entebbe peninsula. It's one of Ugandaâ€™s 33 Important Bird Areas and since 2006 a Ramsar-listed wetland of international importance. Key protected bird species in Mabamba are the shoebill, the blue swallow and the papyrus gonolek. Mabamba Bay is a unique extensive marsh stretching along a narrow bay, fringed with papyrus towards the main body of Lake Victoria.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Fuel surcharge
- National Park fees
- Bottled water
- Lunch - 2-course lunch
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
What's excluded :
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- For Mabamba Birding, We shall set off after an early breakfast with a packed lunch and travel to Mabamba Swamp to spot the rare shoebill. The journey takes about an hour by road via Nakawuka-Kasanje. The wetland is home to a variety of bird species and birding will take us a whole day.
A canoe ride through papyrus swamp will take you at the best spot of spotting the Shoebill bird among other rare Africa birds like the Malachite Kingfisher, Swamp Flycatchers, African Purple Swamphen, African Water Rail, Common Moorhen, Lesse Jacana, African Jacana, African Pygime Goose, White faced whistling duck, Squacco heron, Blue reasted Bee eater, African Jacana and Saddle billed Stork among others. We shall return to youâ€™ Hotel in the late afternoon.
Departure Point :Hotel in Kampala
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.