1-Day Lake Atitlan Road / Technical Ride from Antigua, Guatemala
This daytrip to the Lake starts and ends in Panajachel to accommodate those of you with tight
schedules where your trips might have to take a lesser priority to language school or volunteer work.
This half-day mountain bike ride could be technical or not and extreme enough to satisfy even the
most accomplished riders.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private transportation
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Mountain bike, helmet, gloves and water bottle
- Full bike tour of Lake Atitlan by a local, bilingual guide with certified 1st-Aid training
What's excluded :
- Hiking shoes AND water shoes/sandals
- Daypack with rain cover
- Rain jacket (May thru October)
- Personal Toiletries and/or medications
- Camera, Hat, Sunglasses & Sunscreen
- 1L bottle for water (minimum)
Meet in Panajachel (Hotel) at 8:00am where you can purchase any riding gear, and fill up your
water bottles. After making sure everyone has everything they need, we load bags and bodies into our vehicle and set out. It is about a one -and-a-half hour drive to las Trampas.
Upon arrival we will unload and fit you to your mountain bikes. We will give instructions on
how to ride, how to do it safely and you will have a chance to ask questions and apply sunscreen. From here, a fast country road traverses the high tableland above the Lake, mostly downhill, and brings you through small villages and the town of Godinez before rounding the last rolling ridgeline and joining the road to Panajachel. At the first vista directly overlooking Lake Atitlán, we will stop and prepare a picnic lunch (included) and orientate you to the towns and geographic features of the lake. After lunch it is a quick and winding downhill to the town of Panajachel.
• Panajachel, Panajachel, Lake Atitlan, Solola Department, Western Highlands
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.