1 day Lake Atitlan countryride from Antigua, Guatemala
This daytrip to the Lake starts and ends in Antigua to accommodate those of you with tight
schedules where your trips might have to take a lesser priority to language school or volunteer work.
This half-day mountain bike ride is technical and extreme enough to satisfy even the most
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private transportation
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Mountain bike, helmet, gloves and water bottle
- Full bike tour of Lake Atitlan by a local, bilingual guide with certified 1st-Aid training
What's excluded :
- Hiking shoes AND water shoes/sandals
- Daypack with rain cover
- Rain jacket (May thru October)
- Personal Toiletries and/or medications
- Camera, Hat, Sunglasses & Sunscreen
- 1L bottle for water (minimum)
A fast country road downhill section brings us to our first bit of trail. You will ride on the old
road to the lake, a remote area with not another tourist in site. The route is a mixture of backcountry dirt roads and jeep tracks as well as nice tight technical single track climbs and descents. It is a landscape of rolling pine forests, intermixed with local agricultural plots of corn, beans, and squash. After a couple hours riding, you will have a 2 km climb to El Mirador high above Lake Atitlán where your guide will serve a healthy and well-deserved fresh picnic lunch while you take in the spectacular
view of the Lake. After lunch, you will continue cross-country and downhill on the technical cliff-side trail that traverses some 2000 vertical feet (625 meters) above the Lake. The day is topped off on some of Guatemala’s best single track, from the rim of the vast caldera down to Santa Catarina Palopó, finishing with an awesome staircase into this lakeside Mayan village.
You will have a time to recover with a swim or explore the small village in search of souvenirs
while your guide loads the bikes.
• Lake Atitlan, Lake Atitlan, Solola Department, Western Highlands
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.