1-Day Hiking Adventure at Mount Longonot from Nairobi
Mt Longonot day tour safari is a one day trip to Mt Longonot park located only 60km from Nairobi. Mt Longonot Day Tour day tour is one of the favorite places to go for hiking or mountain climbing from Nairobi city. Longonot park day trip is available any day
Typifying the stormy volcanic roots of the Great Rift Valley, Longonot Mountain is a fascinating inactive volcano that overlooks the beautiful landscape of Lake Naivasha area in Kenya. Rising to 2700m above sea level (and also 750m above the nearby landscape), Mount Longonot day trip hiking delivers trekkers with an interesting and inspiring hike culminating into one of the best and exciting views in Kenya! Tug on those hiking boots, carry sunscreen and hit the road in exploring one of the Kenya’s least visited conservation parks.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Air-conditioned vehicle
What's excluded :
- Entrance fees (approx. 32USD)
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Food and drinks(Available for Purchase)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Lake Naivasha, Naivasha Road Nakuru County Kenya
you can have this option if time allows .
Boat ride at Lake Naivasha
Pass By: Mount Longonot National Park, Naivasha road, Maai Mahiu 00200 Kenya
Mount Longonot day trip hiking Background
With a drive from Nairobi along the Great Rift Valley escarpment, the stunning view of Mount Longonot beckons, barely 60km from of Nairobi. This remarkable colossus dominates the surrounding landscape. The mountain has lava canyons on its steep slopes. There is also a circular caldera over a kilometer in diameter. The mountain is a dormant volcano said to have last erupted in the mid-1800s. The mountain is rises at about 750m above the Great Rift Valley floor and some 2776m above the sea level. There are a number of viewpoints on the highway to this mountain which have become popular stopovers for the motorists drawn by the splendor of this outstanding view.
The entire mountain is a National Park within the jurisdiction of Kenya Wildlife Services. The park is home to a number of wild games, most of which harbor in the thick forest covering the crater floor. Spotting the animals (wildlife) is not guaranteed.
Mount Longonot hiking route description
Hiking on this mountain takes approximately 2 hours from the Park Gate to reach the rim of the crater rim and descent back to the gate. The hike going round the crater rim would mean another two hours, thus the total hike takes approximately 4 hours for the round trip. You might want to include a visit to Lake Naivasha for a sunset boat ride to see hippos before return to Nairobi.
The path up the mountain slope is pretty steep and can get slippery at some points. Thus, hikers need to be reasonably fit to take part on this hike. The magnificent views from the crater rim itself are however worth every painful step and the effort. This day hiking is of moderate difficulty with steep climbing. Terrain has fine dust, with loose gravel in some areas of the hike.
You should bring with you comfortable hiking shoes, light clothing, extra drinking water, snacks and picnic lunch for this Mount Longonot day trip hiking tour.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Any hotel in NairobiAirports
- Jomo Kenyatta Intl Airport, Nairobi Kenya
- Wilson Airport, Nairobi Kenya
Departure Time :6:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- PLEASE ADVICE YOUR PICK UP LOCATION
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.