1 Day Chichicastenango Market & Lake Atitlan from Guatemala City
Authenticity of the mayan culture combined with a symphony of colors coming of the typical dress of Chichicastenango
Visit the Colorful Market of Chichicastenango
Views of Lake Atitlan and the towns surrounding Panajachel
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Licensed tour guide
What's excluded :
- Bottled water
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Lake Atitlan, Lake Atitlan, Solola Department, Western Highlands
At the end of our walk we will continue to the town of Panajachel, which is located on Lake Atitlan. We will visit Calle Santander and enjoy a spectacular view of the lake which is considered one of the most beautiful lakes in the world. Three spectacular volcanoes, Tolimán, Atitlán and San Pedro form the natural framework of the lake itself. Time to take pictures.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Chichicastenango, Guatemala
You will be picked up at your hotel in Guatemala City and transfer to Chichicastenango, sometimes your transfer will be via Antigua Guatemala below a brief summary of what to expect on your way.
We will go to the west of the country where most of the indigenous villages of Guatemala are concentrated. On the way to our destination we will start in a wooded area surrounded by pine trees and other tree species continuing our journey we will see a valley where a variety of vegetables are grown, as well as fruits and vegetables grown by local people.
Upon our arrival at the market we will start our walking tour inside the market. It is the center of the city and at the heart of commercial life of "maxeños" (name given to the indigenous people of Chichicastenango, derived from Max which means Tomás in the Quiché language). The merchants descend every Thursday and Sunday to the central square to sell their products in this impressive indigenous market that has changed very little over the centuries.
We will observe the colorful handicrafts and handmade by local inhabitants of the región also you can see various merchandise, such as clay crafts, typical textiles, fruits, vegetables, meats and seafood, flowers and the regional costumes of the place.
Duration: 5 hours
Stop At: Santo Tomas Church, Plaza Mayor, Chichicastenango 14006 Guatemala
We are also going to visit Santo Tomás Church, built in 1540 on the basis of a pre-Hispanic archaeological temple. This church is a splendid example of colonial architecture, as the Mayan and Latin influence mixes both inside and outside of the church over time. After exploring the market you can enjoy a delicious lunch (not included, but you can add it on optionals for additional cost)
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :6:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.