1 Day Best Of Nairobi Tour Daily Morning / Afternoon
Embark on a day tour offering you the opportunity to discover Nairobi’s beauty and history within a short time. This tour includes a visit to the famous
1. Nairobi National park,
2. Giraffe centre,
3. David Sheldrick Elephant Orphanage,
4.Karen Blixen museum.
5. Bomas of Kenya and Nairobi city, (optional)
Highlights Close encounter with wildlife Enjoys a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city Enjoy fantastic aerial views.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- Park entry fees ( 43 $ No cash payment credit card or Mpesa.)
- Lunch - Lunch available to purchase
- Entry/Admission - Nairobi National Park
- Entry/Admission - Giraffe Centre
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Nairobi National Park, Langata Road, Nairobi Kenya
After pick up, we drive straight away to the gate of Nairobi national game park where we assist our guest to clear with authorities for entry fee/taxes. Then proceed for game drive, in park you will be able to see lots bufaros, hippos, gazelle, wildbests, different types of antelopes, lions as they hunt if the favors you....! Later on we go david sheldrick for baby Elephant orphanage for about one hour, later giraffe center and finally karren brixen's museum house. Welcome all
Duration: 6 hours
Stop At: Giraffe Centre, Duma Rd, Nairobi Kenya
The Africa Fund for Endangered Wildlife (A.F.E.W.) Kenya was founded in 1979 by the late Jock Leslie-Melville, a Kenyan citizen of British descent, and his American-born wife, Betty Leslie-Melville. They began the Giraffe Centre after discovering the sad plight of the Rothschild Giraffe. A subspecies of the giraffe found only in the grasslands of East Africa.
The Giraffe Centre has also become world-famous as a Nature Education Centre, educating thousands of Kenyan school children every year.
At the time, the animals had lost their habitat in Western Kenya, with only 130 of them left on the 18,000-acre Soy Ranch that was being sub-divided to resettle squatters. Their first effort to save the subspecies was to bring two young giraffes, Daisy and Marlon, to their home in the Lang’ata suburb, southwest of Nairobi. Here they raised the calves and started a programme of breeding giraffe in captivity. This is where the centre remains to date.
Betty and Jock then registered A.F.E.W. in the United States. Funds were raised to move five other groups of giraffe to different safe areas. Breeding herds of 26 giraffes were translocated from Soy Ranch to the Ruma Game Reserve in present-day Homa Bay County, Lake Nakuru National Park in Nakuru and Nasolot Game Reserve in modern-day West Pokot County. In 1985, seven giraffes were introduced to Yodder Flower Farm near the Mwea Game Reserve in Mbeere District in Eastern Kenya.
In 1983, funds raised by A.F.E.W. USA helped build the Educational Centre on a 60-acre sanctuary. This with the extraordinary vision of creating an educational institution in conjunction with rescuing the giraffe. The Giraffe Centre opened its doors to the general public and students the same year, receiving over 800 excited students.
There are now over 300 Rothschild Giraffe safe and breeding well in various Kenyan national parks. Recent herds have been introduced to Soysambu Ranch by Lake Elementaita in the Great Rift Valley, Kigio Conservancy and the Sergoit Ranch in the Mount Elgon region.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We basically do proper arrangements with our customers prior to safari date, on where to pick them up and drop off after as well. kindly note, pick up time is between 05.00 am to 06.30 am depending on your location.Airports
- Jomo Kenyatta International Airport, Embakasi, Nairobi, Kenya
- Wilson Airport, Nairobi Kenya
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Dress code is smart casual
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 32 travelers
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.